WANT TO WORK WITH A DYNAMIC TEAM TO CREATE A HEALTHY AND NOURISHED WORLD?
Calorie Cloud, caloriecloud.org, is a non-profit organization with a technology platform that converts the abundance of calories burned here in US into life saving food for undernourished kids. We currently do this through two programs:
UNICEF KID POWER
UNICEF Kid Power educates and inspires American kids to get active and healthy, so malnourished kids worldwide can survive and thrive. This is done in partnership with the team at the US Fund for UNICEF.
A platform to help you and your co-workers get active and healthy, while recycling the calories you collectively burn and turning them into life saving nutrition for malnourished children.
We are looking for a full-stack web developer who loves the details, without losing sight of the big picture and is tenacious about excellence and follow through. You will be working with a very engaged team focused on the UNICEF Kid Power project. Currently all teams work in two week sprints using Trello for planning, Github for code repo management and Pivotal for mobile app dev. You will definitely have a front row seat working in a startup that is aiming to make a difference in the world.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Summer 2016 project to rework the existing Kid Power home and Kid Power schools WordPress websites. This will include working with an outsourced design team and many stakeholders including marketing and strategic partners such as Disney and Star Wars.
- E-commerce capabilities to be built on WooCommerce WordPress. This will start by helping to automate our warranty replacement and grow to sell mission credits (digital goods), replacement parts and possibly a full online retail experience.
- Zendesk theme styling for our multi-brand support platform.
- International support for the WordPress websites and Zendesk (currently on the Schools program)
- Support marketing initiatives for Kid Power Home which may include providing reusable web assets, engaging challenge experiences inside Facebook, sharing leaderboards to family and friends which link into a “cheer” or online purchase.
- Work with our backend team to improve our admin dashboards built on Node and Angular frameworks for all programs which are used to rollout and manage teacher engagement.
- May 2017 we will launch a large public campaign that will have web dev need. We aren’t even sure what this really means yet, but we hope that only makes this job sound more exciting.
This position is full-time on a team with all remote workers, however we prefer a US based location. We have a hub of team members in Colorado, Southern California and New York. Calorie Cloud is a small team of about 15 employees living all over the world and regularly use Google Hangouts to stay in touch and have team meetings. UNICEF team members mostly work from the NYC office and are supportive of remote teams. Some travel is required to pull our team together on a semi-regular basis by meeting at a destination city often renting an Airbnb house as a time to enjoy some face to face teamwork and share some meals.
- Full-time position with competitive salary depending on experience.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance provided after waiting period of two months.
- 15 days paid time off per year plus holidays.
- Macbook and all necessary tools to rock your job will be provided.
TO APPLY VISIT caloriecloud.org/dreamjob