UPDATE 9 March 2016: The position has been filled! Thanks to everyone who applied… it was a tough decision!
Want to work with a dynamic team to create a healthy and nourished world?
Calorie Cloud, is a non-profit organization with a technology platform that converts the abundance of calories burned here in US into life saving food for undernourished kids. We currently do this through two programs:
- UNICEF Kid Power
UNICEF Kid Power educates and inspires American kids to get active and healthy, so malnourished kids worldwide can survive and thrive. This is done in partnership with the team at the US Fund for UNICEF.
- Wellness Challenge
A platform to help you and your co-workers get active and healthy, while recycling the calories you collectively burn and turning them into life saving nutrition for malnourished children.
We are looking for someone who loves the details, without losing sight of the big picture and is tenacious about excellence and follow through. You will be working with a very engaged team and most directly with the development team of about 5 people. You will definitely have a front row seat working in a startup that is aiming to make a difference in the world.
The focus of this position will be supporting our development team with release cycles for our Kid Power mobile apps on iOS and Android. This includes our consumer app with Kid Power and our classroom Android tablet based app for Kid Power Schools. A small portion of time will be helping with the website QA process and apps for our Wellness Challenge program (iOS, Android and web).
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Proactively oversee the release cycles for iOS and Android to ensure we launch stable updates
- Test new features, bug fixes, etc. in our systems (web and mobile) as they become available.
- Primary POC for external testing
- We use Applause for external testing using real people and real devices. You would be the primary point of contact and manage the current bi-monthly review cycles. This would include writing test cases and corresponding with the testers directly through their online platform.
- We use TestDroid for automated testing to get expanded device coverage across approximately 175 Android devices and 20 iOS devices. You would be responsible for either directly writing or overseeing the writing of test cases in Appium and running tests early in the review process. Any issues will need to be reviewed, prioritized and put into Pivotal Tracker for our development team.
- Maintain release notes for each public build including the public version and an internal more detailed version so that the support team is informed to better support customers.
This position can be done remotely, however we prefer a US based location. We have a hub of team members in Colorado and Southern California. We have a small team of about 12 employees living all over the world and regularly use Google Hangouts to stay in touch and have team meetings. We also aim to pull our team together on a semi-regular basis by meeting at a destination city Often renting an Airbnb house as a time to enjoy some face to face teamwork and share some meals.
- Full-time entry level position with competitive salary depending on experience.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance provided after waiting period of two months.
- 15 days paid time off per year plus holidays.
- Macbook and mobile phone will be provided.
Email us at email@example.com and please tell us a little about yourself, why you think you would love this job, and include your resume.